February 13, 2006

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

18 inches in 24 hours shuts a ‘southern’ city like Baltimore down for the day. No church. No meetings. I water colored and calligraphied my day away. I’ll post pics later.

I think this guy was a boy scout. Is there anything else you need for the snow?

We love our street. Everyone comes out around 10 am and shovels and chats. One guy (who leaves early) owns a snowplow, so our small street is often plowed before the main street. The mutt insisted on supervising the day’s activity.

Our birdhouse is becoming more liberal every day. . .

2 comments:

scarp said...

We Rochesterians have hardly had any snow compared to that. In fact, I haven't shoveled once all winter! How's that for a bit of irony, seeing as how I am the one that does actually enjoy seasons ;)

Pinterest Failures said...

I remember when we lived in Ellicott City we got a HUGE blizzard (it was 96 or 97.) Everything was closed for 2 or 3 days and we ended up trading our home brew for steaks and other sundries with the neighbors. We had a blast.