My current list:
- Hike Mt. Diablo and explore the town of Walnut Creek (day trip)
- Camp at San Sebastian State Park and do tours of Hearst Castle (weekend trip)
- Visit the Frank Lloyd Wright Honeycomb house on Stanford campus (only open once a month)
- Visit the Linear Accelerator at Stanford (Tuesday morning tours)
- Check out Bill Johnson's church in Redding California (day/weekend trip)
- Climb at Joshua Tree (3-4 day trip)
- See the Impressionist exhibit at the de Young (afternoon)
- Backpack Kings Canyon (4-6 days)
- Visit the Disney museum in San Francisco (afternoon)
- See the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose (day trip)
- Go out to Farallon Islands to see birds (and great white sharks...)?
Would I want to join him at Google for dinner? (he invited me to bring another guest as well, so James will try to come with us)
For those of you not privvy to Silicon Valley's quirks, Google provides gourmet meals in four or five different cafeterias on their campus. Just seeing the Google campus is worth it, but dinner there is a definite bonus.
Can any of you think of something I'm missing from my list?