February 10, 2006

Au Revoir

I hate to leave for the weekend with my previous downer post! But I don't have a succint point to make or any coherent thoughts at the moment. Sorry for the ramble:

Tonight we're meeting some friends for dinner at the James Joyce pub. As a restaurant a bit gimmicky, including the hostess with the Irish accent, but the food's supposed to be good. I'm picking them up at 7. It's 5 pm.

I still have to finish some calligraphy for a wedding shower gift (due tonight for a shower I can't attend tomorrow). Why can't I be the person who just gives them the stupid frame? No, I have to go to Target and get the spinny 5x7 frame so they can put a photo on one side and I can do calligraphy for the other. Stupid over achiever...

I will likely do the RW Emerson quote, "The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it." But in the search for that one, I found one by Socrates that cracked me up, "By all means marry; if you get a good spouse, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." I doubt that newlyweds would find that funny! Jrex laughed, too. We joked about what you get if you marry a philosopher from the get go...

My bosses are gone (to Wyoming to ski). They took a total of 8 weeks vacation last year! But it's hard to get upset because when they are gone I can get real design work done. I gave my co-worker the day off (and covered for him, "he's getting lunch"). Not because I'm a great altruist, but because he talks ALOT. It's hard to get any design work done when he's here. I needed to design the look for a spring fundraising event, a trade show graphic, and banners for a museum today. No distractions (except for 20 phone calls and three couriers, but who's counting?) was a Good Thing.

Signing off for the weekend. Cheers.

No comments: