March 17, 2006

You get what you pay for

Various blogger sites, including mine, were out of commission most of today, sorry about that!
-----------------
Reward for my labor

The good part about hosting a student tonight is I HAD to finish the artwork strewn around the floor of the guest room. I stayed up til 1:30 AM working on this. I haven’t finished the final assembly yet. I need some opinions (even if you don’t feel qualified to do art critique, an honest opinion is really helpful). The wing will be floating just above the collage. Should I leave it white, add a few collage elements, or paint it (it's watercolor paper)?


----------------------
Bonus Art Sites

My Mom’s best friend
The nursery you WISH you could have for your kid.

Bruce Herman
Painter, professor, and great guy.

David Robinson
Don't know him, but I like the sculpture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend painting the wing in your beautiful watercolor style.

This piece feels very sensual.

scarp said...

I also recommend painting the wing. It needs some color/warmth (it is too big to be 'blank') but more collage would be too busy. (in my humble opinion...)

Snickollet said...

I am (a) no art critic and (b) totally not familiar with your watercolor style. That disclaimer aside, I would worry that painting the wing would distract the viewer from the photos. I agree that some color/warmth would be good, but not overdone.

Lovely piece, though, no matter what you do to the wing.

OTRgirl said...

Thanks for the ideas. The girl who spent the night was an art student. I asked her. She said that if I wanted the wing to blend into the background, then leave it, if it needs to stand out and 'talk' to the photo collage, then paint.

I think I will paint it (subtle and not overwhelming!). Which means it will definitely be part of my half-finished project pile for a while. Feedback always helps clarify my thinking. I kinda knew I needed to do more to finish it, but was hoping I could just be done! Sigh.

Anonymous said...

i know i'm late, but i think you should paint the wing. just so you know that i am actually INTERESTED in art, and am now considering myself somewhat of an artist, because of a particular piece i created some time back. :)

paint, my friend, paint!!
JP