March 27, 2006

Too much to say

Topics I could write about. Pick one….

1. Choosing to stop and try to talk to a homeless woman after church. Calling an ambulance when she was non-responsive. The numerous people who came over to talk during that process. The reaction of my British friend to our (lack-of) health care system.
2. Saturday’s wedding where, during the ceremony, the groom busted out with a surprise (BAD and EXTREMELY) sappy song to his bride. Left the wedding saying over and over to Jrex, “Thank you for being you!”
3. Choosing NOT to go to the show opening for the ridiculously late and thoughtless museum.
4. Jrex calling me Friday night and saying in a caring tone, ‘I read your blog’. He made me dinner and did dishes.
5. Jrex saying, “we need to talk.”
6. Mystery topic that might involve us in moving to a new city by August. Nothing is final. Nothing decided, so can’t really discuss it, but my brain is sure hopping all over the place. (OTRsis, call D for details, he wouldn’t take vague for an answer…)

I’m sure you just want to hear about the homeless woman, right?

5 comments:

Everblest said...

Of course, we want all of the above! Well maybe I could live without the wedding story. I was in pain just thinking about it, and got that creeping feeling at the back of my neck thinking of how to socially navigate that one. Glad to hear that you got the love and support that you needed after the other day.

thinker said...

I heard a little about the mystery topic from SG. What a crazy thing. I hope it doesn't cause too much stress in your life. (I am sure it will add stress, but I hope it is bearable)

Also, I can relate to the 7:30 on friday and still at work, actually I was reading that entry on saturday...at work!

Am I going to see you on April 6th?

Anonymous said...

Dang it, girl, you know you can't just drop something like the homeless woman and the possible change in circumstances and expect some of us to look the other way and way, "Oh, what sparkling, witty prose!"

I agree with everblest--yes to all of it. In due course. Of course.

We have stories to tell, too....

Snickollet said...

So many exciting topics! I, for one, would be happy to hear about any and all.

Anonymous said...

Talked to D. Either place would be great, I've never been to the southern option and would love to visit.