March 3, 2006

Appropriate Appropriations

I nabbed these from a couple other blogs.

I’ve only been to two foreign countries, but I’ve certainly covered the Continental US of A!


create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

Driving from Cincinnati to visit grandparents in Kansas and Florida helped a great deal. When I went to college in Massachusetts, I only drove home for Christmas and summer vacation (16 hour drive + no car=not worth it for a four-day weekend). That meant I spent lots of time exploring New England with friends. After graduation I did the requisite cross-country road trip with my friend Post-Modern Feminist. Her Mom was paranoid about her driving home alone, so she offered to pay airfare for someone to drive with her. She picked me! Her Mom also paid for hotels and gas. For $200 worth of food we drove from Amherst to Atlanta, GA, then across the South (let me just say: Texas. August. No AC.) to LA. then up to San Francisco. We crossed the Mojave desert in the dead of night after watching the sunset at the Grand Canyon. I had a great time. My friend, not as much. She was vegetarian bordering on vegan, but had to survive on grilled cheese sandwiches and iceberg lettuce salads. (Let me add: New Orleans. Vegetarian.) I think she was glad to get home.

This link is purely for my sister who lives in Seattle (home of the Micromasters), but is on the Mac side of the skirmish.

Coming Soon: the Mandu Extravaganza (the dog and my FIL survived each other, though she did assault me when I came home and was a bit clingy all night).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie is so true. And yet painful for a designer to watch - haven't we all gone through the process of a client screwing everything up? It would be so much more fun without those stupid clients.

I passed it around to everyone on the design team. Thanks for the link.

OTRgirl said...

Makes me want to work for Apple! I do love that they've proved that good design is sexy. That simple can be perfect.