August 15, 2007

It was evening and it was morning. The first day.

I forget if I mentioned this was going to be happening, but I’m in Seattle right now. My sister’s husband had to go out of town for a week and we figured that would be a great time for me to come up and meet my new nephew. The theory is that I’m up here helping out. Thus far I’m feeling much more like a pampered guest with play privileges.

For this visit, it’s just the three of us Body Part kids. No spouses, no dog. I told OTRsis that I feel like I’m at a slumber party with dolls. Sure, the bigger doll keeps asking me to read her stories and play games that circle around to ‘There’s Daddy!’, but it just feels like fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a fab trip, yeah for you, and the pics are great, someday I'll sit down and figure it out and put pics up:)

The "P2S" story was amazing, it reminded me of when I finished my first 10 mile race this past spring, I wanted to cry when I crossed the finish line, seriously, so those kids must have had 100 times that emotion, and to be able to witness it too, wow. I love Moroccan food too, it's such a group thing in my limited experience I can't imagine someone doing it alone.

Good to have the time with your sibs to talk about your mom and growing up, I do relish those times with my sisters.

Hope the rest of your trip goes just as well.

Lots of love to you!

scarp said...

Being an aunt is pretty special, huh? Did you ever think you could pour so much love and energy into a little one, one that isn't even yours?

I'm glad you and your siblings have the time and ability to honor your mom's memory this week. I'm sure it will really help with processing such a big anniversary year. I can hardly believe it has been 10 years already...

Beloved said...

I'm jealous; you're in Seattle. I'm sure you're seeing/have seen more of it than I did when I went to my conference there in March.

Where is the nephew!?! Pictures, already! :)

OTRgirl said...

I forgot to take one of my nephew where you can't see his face. I try to respect my bro-in-laws desire for privacy...

Anonymous said...

Wow. Three new Sojourns.
My cup runneth over.