August 29, 2006

Previews

I'm back! No time to write tonight but here are snippets I might write about this week:

+ They hired my replacement. She worked with me today and she's fantastic!
+ I chatted with an exhibition designer who helped me figure out where to look for housing in the Bay area.
+ He's given me four great leads.
+ Muttola busted out her Alpha Female side over the weekend.
+ The weekend was VERY social and included a Sunday dinner at our former landlord's home. He's a thoughtful, caring, insightful man who happens to be Italian and connected to the Family in Rochester. I'll do an entry of "Uncle Bruce's Bedtime Stories".
+ I found out that our Subaru Outback is affectionately known as a "Lesbaru".
+ I got my haircut over the weekend. I said over and over that I'm trying to grow it out. It's shorter than ever.
+ My $90 computer arrived over the weekend. Let's just say that if your sister is also a graphic designer, it helps to casually ask, "Hey, do you have a laptop sitting around?"

It's 7:20 and I'm still at work!! I have to work around my replacement's schedule because she 'drives' the computer when she's here. I'm working on catching up on all I've missed in the blog world.

5 comments:

scarp said...

Yea on the replacement!! That's huge for your sanity :) What an answer to prayer...

Anonymous said...

you got a lot goin' on sista! yea on the replacement AND the laptop!! it made me want to get one cheap, but then i remembered i was already given one! :)

can't wait to hear more details!!

oh, by the way, don't worry about the car. You are glaringly heterosexual.

OTRgirl said...

"Glaringly"?! C'mon! The only time I got to be the 'hot chick' at a party was my neighbor's gay pride picnic. I may like this androgyny (sp??) thing I've got going. ;-)

weigook saram said...

Sounds like progress.

I hate it when hair stylists don't listen. Aargh! But you'll fit in in the Bay Area. ;)

Inkling said...

Welcome back! We missed you, but are glad to read all about your adventures again.