August 10, 2006

Next year I'll miss these moments

One of the 'perks' at work are the random conversations I get to have with my co-worker, Ry Guy.

Today he told me about a woman from his old job who stalked him. He worked loading trucks at UPS and she would send sexual notes to him via the conveyer belt. He said he lived in fear that she'd follow him out to the parking lot and clock him upside the head and rape him. So I asked him, "I've always wondered how that works. I know guys can get raped, but I've never understood the mechanics of it. Wouldn't you need an erection? And wouldn't that be impossible if you were scared?" He admitted he had no idea how it would happen. He finished telling me how he turned the woman into the supervisor and it all stopped.

Yesterday he told me that his girlfriend, Hot Chick asked him a strange thing. Apparently a year and a half ago she was a surrogate mother for her godparents. They all share a house and I guess the guy gave her some sperm in a cup and she got pregnant. When Ry Guy met her she'd just had their baby. Now he's 7 months old and the godparents just asked if she'd consider having one more so their son won't be an only child. They told her to see if Ry Guy would mind. "So, I get to go around in public with my girlfriend when she's bulging out. How do we respond when people ask us about 'our' baby? If she's pregnant she can't go out to bars and clubs anymore, but why should I stay home if it's someone else's baby? I'm sure as hell not going through the delivery room thing again. I'll sit outside the room but that was disgusting when my ex-wife had our son! And there is NO way I'm getting up in the middle of the night to go get her Twix or whatever she starts craving. She can call out for her godfather to do all that shit." But then he said he'd say yes cause he doesn't want to risk all of them disliking him.

6 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

My life suddenly seem -- uh, dull. Uneventful. Although I would be willing to be a surrogate mother for someone, it'd feel a bit weird (to say the least!) if my godfather (good thing I don't have one - otherwise, the image would have been too... uh, too... you know) gave me his sperm in a cup so I could, you know, insert it into myself.

I'm not alone here, am I?

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is novel-worthy. You should have Ry Guy sign a standard release form just in case.

Mama nabi, you're not alone. I probably wouldn't be a surrogate anyway, but the idea of being a surrogate to someone that I would (one assumes) esteem as a parent-figure? No thanks.

I think even at the very progressive colleges that OTRgirl and I went to, that would be considered wickety-wack.

weigook saram said...

Yeah, that's definitely novel material. Wow! Now there is someone who should have a blog.

scarp said...

So, I thought surrogate mother meant the baby wasn't yours - but that baby is her child, right? Doesn't she feel some attachment to this child - since she actually is the mother? I don't think I could just hand the child off to be raised by other people (that is, if I could get past the sperm in a cup thing...)

Aimee said...

OMIGOSH. This is wickety-wack, bizarre and just plain wierd on SOOOOO many levels!

BTW, ITA with k. about the standard release form.

The baby is ~7~ months old and they want another?! (OF COURSE -THEY- would! THEY didn't go through pregnancy, labor and delivery!) You're ~supposed~ to wait about a year after giving birth before getting pregnant again to give your body a chance to recover. Altho, since she's known as "hot chick" I'm assuming she regained her pre-pregnancy figure in no time (lucky... I'll leave it at lucky). But seriously, her uterus may not be ready for another kiddo.

AND, and, and... yeah, the whole sperm in a cup and it's biologocally and legally her child, too.. with her Godfather.. um, issues, anyone? Did they pay her? Did she sign over rights to this child?

FWIW, I have considered being a surrogate mother for a friend of mine. But there are ~boundaries~ people! Like, their bun, your oven. As in, their genetic material, your holding place. So, this sounds like it's not really a surrogacy thing as much as an adoption thing. She's both oven AND part bun maker.

Then, Ry Guy sounds like a total jerk (IMO) talking about how disgusting it was when his ex-wife had their son. That irritates me in so many ways, I won't even go there. I'm just stepping away from the mic now.

Who needs entertainment when you have co-workers like that? ;-)

Snickollet said...

That is one crazy situation.

I'm finally catching up on blog reading after my road trip. You've had a lot going on! Congrats on the portfolio work. I'm sure it it awesome.