July 28, 2006

You say it's your birthday...

Yeah, that's right. It's my birthday, too! I'm a grand old thirty-five today.

For celebrating, Jrex reserved seats at a super fancy restaurant for us and my Dad. The only reason we can afford this is the check that comes from my MIL for my birthday. Two days ago, I realized I'd rather spend that check going to New York to shop with my MIL for interview clothes. As a designer, I have to look cutting edge, see? Somehow that reflects how up-to-date I am on trends and therefore reflects my caliber as designer. Ugh. I'm telling you, shorts and a baseball cap should be fine, right?

This sent Jrex into a mild panic. Not necessarily about the shopping trip but for what to do to celebrate. The restaurant is easy, this woman who's saying, "As long as I can have an adventure with you and Dad, I don't care" is an unknown commodity.

But I figured it out. We're going to go duckpin bowling then come home to dress up and go listen to jazz. Both are things I've wanted to do since moving here.

I'm off to the lanes, bay-bee!!

6 comments:

weigook saram said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, we are almost the same age. I will be 35 in December. I haven't listened to live jazz in ages. Sounds like a good plan.

Unknown said...

I never understood B'more's obsession with duckpin bowling.

Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful year filled with pleasant surprises. :)

Aimee said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday!

Unknown said...

Gosh how did I miss this. Happy birthday. Hope it is a great 35 and have fun with the money!

Snickollet said...

Happy birthday! I will be 35 in January and I'm inspired by your b-day plan.

Hope it was a great celebration of what is sure to be an eventful year in your life.