July 6, 2006

Ironic Mail

Jrex got a letter yesterday for an oncologist position in the Stanford area. It’s somewhere within 100 miles of San Francisco, admits to the Stanford hospital system, is an area with median home prices in the $300,000 range (meaning its somewhere in the boonies). They are offering a starting salary of $350,000+. With a signing bonus, and moving expenses paid. Why is he in research?!

Oh yeah, cause the Jrex who does research is the one who has energy to invest in our relationship, has compassion, creativity and a good sense of humor (and time & energy for recycling runs and puppy dogs). I guess that’s worth $300,000. Right?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Starting salary of 350,000? WOW, I don't think my eyes can process all the 0's! That is craziness.

scarp said...

So, just out of curiousity, any ideas on the why's/how's of him getting said letter?

OTRgirl said...

He gets recruiting letters all the time, as well as free magazine subscriptions. I think they get the address from the Oncology Board Exam or something. It's not unusual to get a letter, we just had to laugh at the location. I told him to apply if he wanted to, but I don't think he does.