July 17, 2006

My bosses are on vacation

Thanks, Dorcasina! I couldn't figure out what I should blog today.

The weekend was fine, but mellow and low-key. On Saturday I read a novel and Jrex watched sports and napped. We (ha! He) finally grilled Jrex's belated birthday steak (with rainbow trout for me). It's pitiful when your husband has to make his own birthday steak; but in the arenas of coffee, steak, fountain pens and balsamic vinagrette, he's much more of a control freak than am I. He'd rather spend $40 and do an amazing dinner at home than go to a steak place and pay three or four times as much for the bottle of wine and steak.

You Are 44% Control Freak

Generally, you are in control but not a control freak. Your life is usually in order.
However, sometimes you get too obsessed with making everything in your life picture perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quiz said I was only 40% control freak and have "the perfect balance of taking responsibility and letting go."

Just goes to show that you can't trust everything you read on the Internet.

Aimee said...

"You have achieved the perfect balance of control and letting go.
You tend to roll with whatever life brings, but you never get complacent."

I don't know if I completely agree with the last statement. I think I do get complacent when I get bored, which is quite often or very easily.

BTW, I responded to your comment on my blog. :-D

Snickollet said...

Happy b-day, Jrex. GH and I are the same about going out to eat: we love a good meal, but we also love to cook and will often choose to make our own extravagant meal at home rather than go out.

I'm glad you two can relax a little before you head out west. It must be a relief to have the house sold, although I'm sure it's bittersweet since I know you've been very happy there.