January 6, 2006

Wow

I remember a friend telling me about blogs two years ago. She mentioned there were people she checked in on daily. At the time I thought it was bizarre. A waste of time. These are people you'll never meet, go spend time with the people near you. Now, of course, I'm guilty too.

I'm not even sure how to write about this. I'm feeling really honored and excited (while feeling mildly silly for feeling that way). I've been included in the "Blogs I like" list on someone else's blog. When I read through the other blogs listed, they're all funny, witty, interesting people.

The strange thing is I suspect two of my closest friends rarely read this blog. One has never left a comment. The other has left one. When I tell them stories, it's rare they say, "Yeah, I read what you wrote about that." It's obviously perfectly fine (ok ok it hurts my feelings a bit, but I don't judge them for that. One is in training to go overseas and the other is a high school teacher who has about 10 minutes a day to sit in front of a computer). Yet this person I've never met reads mine, and I read hers. This blog thing still feels new and strange, yet every so often I get to tell a story and find just the right way to say what I'm feeling. It's really comforting to know that people are listening. And that someone I've never met finds it interesting.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I just think there are some people who don't really "get" what blogs are all about. I'm sure it is not a personal thing. But for people similar to us (who read blogs daily), we couldn't imagine a blog-less world.