January 10, 2006

Final Thoughts

I got to fly over the Big Ditch both going to Seattle and coming home to Baltimore.

On the way out I had the window seat next to a couple of chatterers. We saw a rather large canyon below and debated whether it was the Grand or not. The steward answered our question, “Nah, when it’s the Grand Canyon, you’ll know." Ten minutes later, we knew. They kept handing me their cameras and asking me to take shots for them.

Going


On the way home I had a row all to myself!!! That was excellent. It was nice to be able to watch the canyon without having to take more than 2 photos. The moon was up and I felt quiet and rested after my week away. We flew over a wildfire just past the canyon. I heard there were some fires in New Mexico. I don’t know if this was one of them.

Coming


I got in trouble with my bro-in-law for posting a photo of his daughter. Actually, he was nice about it, but I could tell it bothered him. So, for these shots, she’s either disguised (she and my brother are wearing 3-D glasses for an exhibit at the Boeing museum of flight)



or her eyes are hidden. I’m showing this shot cause the one recognizable feature that M inherited was my brother’s mouth. They both have what I call a curl in the corner of their lips. When she grins, it’s this wide-open, very cute, infectious, face-lit-up endeavor, which is the same grin my brother sported as a baby.

No comments: