January 4, 2006

I guess I will be blogging after all

My sister has done an evil thing. She's put me on the air mattress in the room with the computer. A computer that automatically links to the internet. Doesn't she know that blogging, and reading other's blogs, becomes an evil addiction? That I sit around thinking, 'how should I include that on the blog?'. That I need a life and this isn't helping?!

On the other hand, I'm still on east coast time. I've been up since 6:30 AM here. No one is awake. It took everything in me to stay up til 9 pm Seattle time. It helped that my niece is very fun and cute. She's much skinnier in person than in her pics. I guess the camera does add 10 pounds. If you only weigh 17 lbs, that's alot! She's 8 months old so she's ready for all the repeat games. "I'm eating your fingers. Ymmmm" Then she thrusts them towards me again. And again. And again. She has a great laugh though, so it's all worth it. I like being an aunt. Rev the kid up, have fun, and pass her back if she smells, cries, or wakes up cranky. I see the appeal of grandparenting!

The other potential evil of all this is that my sister reads my blog religiously. She calls me on all the facts I get wrong (good job, sis. Try to keep me honest. Though that's hard work, just ask Jrex.) How can I post pictures when her hubby won't let her do a blog cause he doesn't want the world to see his daughter? "It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission"? There's a reason I haven't told my Dad, my bosses, or my in-laws about the blog...

Minor worries. The best part of all this is that I didn't bring my computer, so the office can't call me with any emergencies. The last time I was here was a working vacation. While my sister took an epideral-induced nap (but she was still in labor, people!), I had to hit the wireless cafe and get just one more design sent to our biggest client. Ugh!!! This time feels like a real vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally love the support!

By the way Sis, facts wrong: 14.5 pounds, 7 months. :)