I've never done three posts this close together. Sorry about overloading you.
Doctor visit today about my benign dermoid cyst. Surgery is the recommendation. It's elective surgery cause these are slow growing and not cancerous, but it's 8 x 7 x 5.5 cm, so it's big. Better out than in. Last year I sacrificed my life to make the big show happen, this year? No way. Based on our discussion, lapariscopy isn't the right solution. Because of the size of the mass, they'd have to try to put a bag inside me and then burst the cyst in order to remove it out a 1 cm opening. It makes more sense for them to do a "mini-lap" and just do one 5.5 cm incision. Downside? One month of recovery time! (Basically, I'll be getting half a C-section--since those are 11-12 cm openings) Jrex came with me and liked the doctor, felt comfortable with the surgery options given. (OTRmama, we should talk soon!)
After the lesson learned from the layoff ("you may love the institution but the institution doesn't love you back"), I'm not putting my life on hold for a job. I told my OB to wait until after February 13th so I can do my lead climbing class, but otherwise, go ahead and schedule as soon as possible.
I came back to work and told EP and CD about it. They both got a little pale, but said, "Do what you have to do." We're all assuming that I can start to work from home the third and fourth week, but we'll see.