January 19, 2009

Next...

We interviewed someone today with the hope she could help share my work load. She's recommended by someone we trust, but her portfolio was NOT impressive. The thing is, we need someone willing to do traffic management and production--not glamorous work. If I get someone with the technical skill set that I'd love to have (Flash, html, great sense of white space and love of shape, sense of humor, gets along with people, handles stress well and works really fast), I doubt they'd be very interested in the grunt work. In this economy, I could be wrong, but probably not THAT wrong...

I've never hired someone before. Our new studio manager (who is turning out to be great) sees me as an Art Director and wants me to head in that direction. He's being wonderful about supporting me: guiding the interview while deferring to me and then valuing my gut reaction. He's willing to look further for a couple more options. I'm grateful to have someone who is taking on the logistics of bringing in someone for interviews. It's such a change to get solid, quick help instead of words, words, words.

Busy Nothingness? We had a meeting, he sent out email about the interface between marketing and creative, and then the next time I needed him to give me a concept or specific direction? Vague and unhelpful.

Things will really hit the fan after I meet with the OB/GYN on the 30th. I don't know yet what kind of procedure they'll want to do, or when. One of my friends had laproscopic surgery and said it took a week to recover and then another week before she could go in to work. Everyone is freaking out that I'll be on PTO from Friday afternoon through Monday morning! Frankly, right now, I could care less.

Now I'm off to lead a women's group where we ask God to help us in places where we grumble. Hmm...

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Um... Friday afternoon through Monday morning.

Seriously?

Unless you work on weekends, um, why is everyone freaking out. Even if you do, you need to be well; otherwise, you might be out for a lot longer.

Good luck with the interview process! And the Art Director stuff. That sounds amazingly cool.

Anonymous said...

Screw them all! Friday afternoon to Monday morning you're mine. See you soon.

scarp said...

I sent you a message on facebook with phone numbers and what not. Only have this week left here in the states....we gonna be able to find a time to talk?

Mama Nabi said...

..what OTRsister said.

(Well, not the "mine" part... unless you ARE coming for a visit.)