September 5, 2010

Longer hours, but more love

It's been a really, really long time since I've enjoyed my work. This past week has been INTENSE and the next seven days will be as well, but I'm loving it.

What do I love? Writing narratives that are then digested by a professional writer who transforms our copper to gold. Watching as my nudges and suggestions are manifested in great floorplans and renders. Pretending I'm the decider all day today when no one else is chiming in for the designer and the writer. Knowing that at the end of the day, I don't have to make the actual creative magic happen, all I have to do is organize and direct and brainstorm with fantastic people? It's working for me, baby.

The scary thing is that if I continue doing this job, right after the conversation about getting a significant raise, is that I'll need to get a Blackberry or an iPhone (do iPhones work with Lotus Notes yet?). Sigh. It's impossible to juggle a Silicon Valley project without one.

I've told people in the past that my job is an 'exp3erience des1gner', but this is the first time that it really feels true.

The other thing that helps is that Jrex is still working on writing his grant, so we're both toiling away and happy the other is busy, too. So it doesn't feel like I'm being cheated of my holiday weekend.

I hope the rest of you are relaxing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not here - we had our holiday last monday, and I know I was doing something running around and not resting. Trynigto figure out how to get my car moving again for less than teh garage was etlling me it was going to cost I think.

I've just found your blog. I am not sure why the Universe structured the timing so I see your comments but only manage to read the blog now, but that is what's happened. I wish I'd done this earlier and then made contact to maybe grab a coffee / smoothie and meet f2f when I was in SF a few weeks ago or back in June if you were up for that. Looking forward to following both you and Trex's job adventures.

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Anonymous said...

get the iphone if you can

xo

julie

anita said...

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!
Builders in pune

anita said...

I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
Packers and movers in pune
movers and packers in pune
best packers and movers in pune
packers and movers within india
packers and movers india