During the course of dinner we got onto the topic of life lessons that the Lord keeps bringing up until we've learned enough to move on. Conflict resolution. Learning to choose to not be distracted. Figuring out how to deal with someone in power over you. For me, the lesson I keep getting smacked with is waiting. And waiting. Being placed in a position where my drive, my creative work-arounds, my need to know the agenda, all are thwarted and all I can do is wait and pray.
That's what's going on with the job, too.
On Friday, I tried to push and sent this email:
> Hey, CD,After I sent it, I reread it later in the day. And I winced. I have a total mixed message in there. "No pressure, but tell me what's going on!!" It comes off as passive aggressive and I hate to be that way.
> How are you? You'd mentioned letting me/us know by the end of the
> week. Is that still the plan?
> Do you have any lingering questions for me? I imagine it's a hard
> decision and don't want to add to any pressure you might be feeling, just
> wanted to say hello and let you know I'm still interested.
> All the best,
Sunday, I got this response:
Hey there,From talking to a friend who's contracting there, it sounds like the stress and work amount would be the same as what I have where I am now. The commute would be longer. The differences would be much more client variety, creative/innovative solutions, and a learning environment. For how bored and stuck I feel right now, that seems worth it to me. Also, knowing we'd either be moving altogether, or moving up to the city (if Jrex got a job at UC San Francisco), I'm willing to do the commute for a year. (I've got my eye on a Kindle 2...)
Sorry... No decision yet as the week took the best of me! :) we
should finalize this week! Sorry for the delay and hope that you're
enjoying the weekend!!!
Sent from my iPhone
...which puts me back where I hate to be. Waiting and praying. I'm praying that she just KNOW which of us would fit best. That the Lord direct her and give her wisdom and energy. At this point, I just want a decision either way so I'm not in limbo.