November 10, 2005

Last Saturday Night


I've been married now for 8 1/2 years. My husband is my best friend and the person with whom I want to spend my free time. In the midst of all that's good there are areas in our relationship where we are both waiting. It's hard to describe without getting further into things than I'm ready to do in this context. In any case, I did this collage on the theme of waiting in the context of our marriage. The two figures on either side are from Andrew Wyeth's work. One is called 'Adrift', the other is called 'Spring'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the collage, and what you wrote about it, intrigue me. by that i mean that it makes me want to understand what you mean by it, and makes me jealous of the ability to express that much in such a format. i'd love to see it in person some time.
-sheila

OTRgirl said...

Thanks! I've found collaging to be a great way to figure out what's in my subconscious. I think of a concept and then flip through magazines looking for something evocative. When it's all put together, I'm often surprised by where it takes me.