November 22, 2005

Blog Insecurity

I admire blogs that pare events to their pithy core since it’s hard for me to find the shortest way to tell a story. One of my fears is of boring people (perhaps a related issue...). I often choose to be the person asking questions cause I know I’m not bored by them; but if they’re listening to me, there’s no guarantee. Every time I write a long entry I get scared that no one will ever read it. Then, lo and behold, no one comments, so it's obviously true. A proven fact. I’m boring and shouldn’t even bother telling stories or trying to connect myself with the world. But then I hear from random friends that they read the blog. My sister complains that I’m not updating it enough. I get emails that mention an entry. So in fear and trepidation, I keep writing. When will they all get sick of me and stop reading it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love reading your entries. don't stop. i check regularly, occasionally telling my roomate or sister about something i read that i really liked. stop being paranoid and accept the fact that not only are you well loved and an interesting person, but you are a great writer! :)
-sheila

OTRgirl said...

Thanks, Sheila! (I'll get that check in the mail...)

Anonymous said...

Fishing for compliments are we? You're a great writer and my work needs the interruption that a long blog provides.

Anonymous said...

MiBlogBoteIsSuncWitADiftClikOr2
WichSeARodintSkuryThsWa&Throo
Lokin4IsPlacOvScapeThRattIsUncirtin
ThBotesEeFedesFomEeKnorGapinHolsIn
TilBiIsFeedinAGalyonTunTutl
SoEndThSalinOvPaps1BlogasSefarin
ButWatinOnShorACatIsAlikin
ToCachARodintWitClorsOlAstikin