February 3, 2012

Rush, rush, rush

Every day is full of adrenaline. Normally at work (back in the day), I'd only get a stressed rush the days I had to get an RFP out the door. Nothing like having to hit a 4 pm deadline to make you work lean and hard. Well, now every single day has a 5 pm deadline. Any interruptions or delays mean I can't get it all done. So I spend the day in overdrive. Stopping in order to gaze lovingly at a video of my son while the pump whirrs ineffectively for 20 minutes is driving me crazy! Doing that 2-3 times a day is torture. I only have 8 hours and also have to fit in eating, phone calls with clients and pit stops.

Phew. Then after the baby is asleep, it's time to do laundry, make dinner, talk with Jrex. MAYBE I have enough juice for a phone call with someone, usually I don't.

Yet, I like working. I'm a much worse Mom full-time. When he was with me all day, all week, I kept trying to avoid the Mom gig. As much as I enjoyed him, I kept trying to get tasks done so I'd leave him happily talking to the ceiling fan, or in his bouncy seat, bumbo seat, doing tummy time. He's getting much more stimulation and interaction at the day care. So ironic, right?

Anyway, this post is just to say, I'm alive! It's nothing personal if you haven't heard from me in a while...

No comments: