April 15, 2010

So much going on...

So...I just texted Smart Girl to see if I could return the guitar she loaned us in February (when I went to Mendocino with my friends). Jrex was playing squash and I wanted to drop it off after he got home. She starts texting me about bring Jrex and coming over to catch up and celebrate Jrex's paper coming out*. Her husband has also just launched the product he's been working on for the Rainbow Fruit company. Yep, he was the eng1neer on the famous 1P@d. As is usual, being around Smart Girl can feel like being swept up into a very energetic yet lovely whirlwind. She's opening wine and making fig jam as I type. Jrex just got home and is taking a super fast shower. I'm actually exhausted, but it will be nice to see her and her husband.

I guess that means I should go change out of my pajamas, huh?

*Published in C@ncer C3ll magazine which is prestigious if you're in the science world. He didn't even get a full copy of the magazine, just a PDF in his email. If you want to read it, we can send you a copy!

6 comments:

Mike Scudder said...

Actually, yeah, I'd be very interested in the PDF

Aimee said...

Congratulations to Jrex on his paper being published!

Mama Nabi said...

You know someone who makes fig jam...?? :-) I think I'm going to find that pdf (I have my ways).

Ha - I wonder what the husband thinks about all the maxiPad jokes. Congrats to Jrex!!!

Anonymous said...

And still no word from New Job?
Very bad sign.

Anonymous said...

I hope he was not the engineer that left the new unreleased iphone in the bar last night....it was all over the news

julie

Anonymous said...

I know you're busy. But, it's been eleven days. What's the reverse of ODing? Well, that's what's happening here.

You had this great soap opera running. And we were all hanging on for the next episode. But, then you don't run the finale. It's bad theater.

Shape up.