On the news snippet front:
- Jrex's paper was rejected by the publisher. They said that while they recognize that it's important for his field, the information is not novel enough for their readers. Now he has to reformat for another publication and resubmit. Sigh.
- He presented his findings in a poster session at the American Assoc. of Cancer Researchers and had many, many people who wanted copies of his work. Which helps reinforce that it's good science, it's worthwhile info, and there's an audience for it, but he's still fighting discouragement.
- I got most of my onsite designs approved Friday afternoon. Which means I hit the 35% discount at both printers; the client is happy, I'm happy (though tired), and maybe I can start to think about something besides work!
- We saw The Soloist on Sunday. Really well done. Great story. Worth seeing. Of course they dramatise things that don't need any extra hype, but it's still worth it.
- We're going camping this weekend with four other couples. We're bringing the dog, they're bringing the children--it should be joy-filled madness. We've never camped with the mutt before. Not sure how it will work sharing the tent with her. Especially if a raccoon wanders through camp at night . . .