August 14, 2008

The Olympics are killing me!

We don't have Tivo or any way to record events. Last night I stayed up until 1 AM trying to watch the men's individual gymnastics. Ugh. Now I'm supposed to crank out a ton of creative, and it's not happening people. I got no juice. Yuck.

I hope at some point in my life to live in another country during the Olympics. I can't stand how the USA covers the events. I'd love to see something besides beach volleyball, basketball, gymnastics and swimming. How about some fencing? Equestrian events? Something without an American?

I can't stand the interviews after events. How do you think he really felt after winning the medal? Terrible? Oh, she lost? What should she do next time? Try harder. Yeah, brilliant. Leave her alone! The microphones intruding on teams, on families, on coaches, leave it alone. I'd like to just watch amazing athletes without all the banal questions.

At least W went away so I don't have to sit through interviews with him anymore. Aren't there world crisis that require his attention?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I am so with you. I wanted to watch gymnastics but it was waaay past my bedtime. The sad thing is that if they actually showed it live on the West Coast, the time would be okay.

We have enjoyed watching Korean coverage on the local Koran station.

NGS said...

Oh, I totally agree with you. I mean, yes, swimming is great to watch, but shouldn't we have seen more of the women's fencing when the US won the trifecta of medals than just the women dancing around after they won? I guess that there's going to be some equestrian coverage this weekend (on Sunday, according to the NBC website) and I'm ridiculously excited to watch the horsies!! Because I'm three years old.

Anonymous said...

I hate to disillusion you, but no matter which country you go to they show only THEIR athletes! I'm in Japan, and it's lucky they're obsessed with Phelps here because he's the only non-Japanese athlete we see!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad W is gone from the games, I'm enjoying them now, swimming, volleyball, skeet shooting, nose picking, it's all glorious without W.

Mama Nabi said...

Alas, I have not watched ANY - just reading up on updates here and there. I used to love watching diving.

I can't wait until LN is old enough to appreciate watching anything other than noggin jr.

Beloved said...

We are fortunate enough to get Canadian channels here on the border, so I've been watching all of their Olympic coverage. They showed the opening ceremony as it was happening and there've been lots of equestrian events, fencing, etc. LOVE Canadian TV in general. Actually, I love Canada. If it wasn't so nasty cold there, I think I'd defect in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

whaaaaaa