December 21, 2012

We're off to see the lizards!

Well, snakes and scorpions at least. And wild pigs.

It's been a whirlwind, but the car is packed. Jrex is walking around the house checking the effect of our timer-empowered lighting. The mail is stopped and our neighbors will pick up any papers delivered against our will (the local Spanish paper will NOT stop delivering no matter how many times I call. It's free, but non!).

I'm really excited to get somewhere that doesn't have TV, doesn't have internet, barely has cell phone reception, yet still has a warm shower!

Some friends dropped off a baby backpack. As soon as Brex saw it sitting in the kitchen, with no prompting, he ran over and demanded to be lifted into it. I put him in and then kept working on dinner and doing other things. I thought he'd whine to get back out, but he kicked his feet, chewed on the pull strap and looked excited and happy. I think he likes hiking! We'll see if he likes driving, too.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! I bet it won't be as quiet as ours. (yes!!)

No comments: