- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.
I haven't done one of these in a while. It's good to be distracted from whining about work.
1. I have really ugly toenails. In my mom's family, 7 of 9 sisters have these same toenails. It's a hereditary sucker punch to get fungal toenails. If I file them down and paint them, it looks like I have little wads of gum squished where toenails should be. A few years ago, one of the aunts started doing fake toenails over the bad ones, "What's the worst that could happen, I get a fungal infection in my nail!?" she smirked. I've been doing summer nails ever since. It's such a relief for my feet to NOT be noticed. When I don't have fake nails, adults notice and then carefully look away, but little kids exclaim, "What's wrong with your toes!! Eeew!"
2. I don't like chocolate cake or ice cream.
3. I'm starting to get a laugh wrinkle that will extend from my slight double-chin up and around to the bottom of my nose.
4. I love swimming the breaststroke, but hate forward crawl/freestyle.
5. Jrex and I always analyze the food over dinner. No matter which of us cooked, we assess what worked and how to improve it. This frequently disconcerts our dinner guests.
6. I still bite my nails.
7. I put all the impressive books in the living room. In our bedroom we have a smaller bookcase that extends the width of the wall. It contains the romance novels, the intensively religious books ("Listen to me, Satan!") and the sci-fi/fantasy books. I don't really care what people think, but I figure we might as well make a good first impression before showing 'the freak side'.