August 1, 2006

My replacement cometh

I don't have long to write. We're in the middle of a day of four interviews for my replacement. The first one just left, the next is due in five minutes.

I'll be back soon to tell you about my excellent weekend. Here's a preview:

-Friday night was fun! Turns out Jrex is good at bowling! Nine years of marriage and I had no idea!
-Saturday Dad and I went to DC to go to the National Building Museum (more about that soon) and the recently opened National Portrait Gallery.
-Sunday I went climbing with an international crew: an Aussie, Dutchwoman, two Brits, a Scot, and two French people. Found out that if a woman is known as the 'village bicycle' it's not a good thing (means everyone in town has had a ride...) I love learning slang from other countries.
-Yesterday I put my on-line portfolio finally! Started filling out applications. We shall see...
-Tonight we're going to an Oriole's game. Jrex won tickets yesterday in a lottery.

Oops, next interviewee is here!

3 comments:

weigook saram said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Reading about everything you did makes me miss my pre-kid weekends. Not that it isn't fun hanging out with her, but there are a lot of activities that are on hold right now.

scarp said...

Hmm, so something I knew about Jrex that 9 years of marriage didn't teach you. Of course, I knew him first in a youth leader type capacity, and you know how much youth groups love bowling! :)

Unknown said...

I miss the birds. Why can't they be good again?